Senior Stress Engineer - RADIOSS
Senior Stress & Structures (CAE) Engineer
Perm Circa £40K-£50K + benefits.
Our client is an Innovative British Aerospace business built on F1 & Automotive expertise, located in Norfolk.
Specialising in commercial economy aircraft seating, they have partnered up with an exciting airline to install their new Seat across their planes.
The Senior Stress and Structures Engineer will take responsibility for developing and validating stress, structural and occupant safety performance of seating products.
The role is highly CAE-focused, and as such will require the successful candidate to have experience of executing and applying dynamic, non-linear analysis techniques e.g. RADIOSS in a relevant environment.
In addition to working closely with the design engineering team, the position will ensure the coherent integration of CAE activities with physical testing, along with guiding other CAE analysts and/or test and development engineers.
Ideal candidates for this role would have analysis and integration experience in either aviation, automotive or other occupant safety industries, and be looking to progress to a leadership position in this field.
You would be joining the company in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
- Lead CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements
- During concept, development and validation phases, facilitate CAE-led design of seat assemblies and components which meet the requirements of (for example) dynamic structural testing, occupant injury performance, static strength and component abuse loading to the relevant EASA, FAA and aircraft OEM specifications.
- Development and validation (including correlation to test) of FE models in RADIOSS, Hyperworks to support the above objectives
- Support generation of V&V plans with both virtual and physical validation activities
- Support of T&D department with testing activities required for complementary evaluation of stress, structural, occupant and component requirements, including any additional testing required for validation of CAE models
- Interface with external service providers (where required) to manage additional CAE support for programmes
- Working as Structural and Occupant analyst with RADIOSS, Hyperworks, Hypermesh
- Knowledge of physical test protocols associated with stress, structural and occupant analysis, and experience of correlating CAE models to such tests
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related scientific field
G&H are automotive and engineering recruitment specialists.P
We will never send your CV to any of our clients without your permission.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480632