Job ID: R-51877
Release, Test & Agile CoE aim is to support and sustain a level of safe, effective delivery through appropriate release pipelines, building and harnessing key enablers for further acceleration of the delivery process.
The Tools Services Engineer provides expertise and enablement to the Global IT Platforms estate. It is a key role supporting our Strategic Tools suite throughout the organisation to drive technical leadership, support and identifying optimisation opportunities. Individuals will be highly self-motivated and display a willingness to learn, explore and be innovative.
The Tools Services Engineer supports and helps underpin services within the Environments, Deployments, Tooling and Release Function (EDTR). This will be achieved by providing hands-on support for our wide ranging Software Engineering Tools suite. This person will encourage and embrace collaboration, suggesting and supporting innovative technical approaches, whilst delivering a robust BAU service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver Tooling CoE services, ensuring teams are able to work effectively in stable & agile environments.
- Ensuring the tools suite allocation are supported and monitored.
- Support optimisation, efficiency and drive transformation across the scope of Tooling Services.
- Support and embrace a collaborative working environment with a range of stakeholders to provide technical consultations, with an ability to investigate and solve problems.
- Ability to articulate constraints and blockers effectively to achieve the right outcomes in a timely manner.
- Scope will cover central tooling consumed by all business units/types in all geographies used by UKI CIO, with some additional engagement beyond UKI CIO.
- Responsible for ensuring defined milestones are agreed and successfully met.
- Self Sufficient with drive to continually technically upskill.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in one or more of the following: Linux Administration, Microsoft Administration and SQL Server.
- Experience with build server configuration such as Jenkins.
- Experience in one or more of the following scripting languages: bash, python, ruby PowerShell, groovy.
- Exposure to basic knowledge of Firewalls, Routers, and Switches.
- Interest in network administration including Security configurations.
- Dependent on role, systems accountability will be required for installation and operational effectiveness of Global IT Tools suite.
- Knowledge of Aviva systems landscape.
- Experience in identification and resolution of a wide variety of problems that may require a quick turn around requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Problems will vary and may be reoccurring and require a long term investment and/or additional up-skilling. This will require case-by-case judgement.
- You will provide recommendations and expertise on ways forward ensuring collaboration with other Tooling Services Engineers.
- Looking outside the Aviva organisation and industry for examples of successful adoption that can be applied in Aviva.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships across a range of customers.
- Negotiating and influencing across a range of roles and levels, including demonstrating the benefit of deliverables and support services.
- Relationships with Infrastructure & Hosting suppliers.
- Wider relationship with External Audit organisations to support Audit and Compliance.
Salary: Circa £35,000 dependent on skills & experience.
You will be assessed against the Aviva core values: Care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476563