Embedded Software Engineer - Linux
Are you a Software Engineer looking for a new opportunity where you can get your hands on some interesting and bespoke technology? Well if so please read on...
Embedded Software Engineer -Linux
Our client specialises in the manufacture of ruggedized and reliable electronics for use in various embedded systems in both commercial and defence sectors.
It is currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer that is familiar with Linux to assist in the design and development of its products and to push for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work on BSPs for cutting edge Intel and ARM processor based boards.
- Design and development of middleware, system and device driver software for many standard operating systems.
- Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product.
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the three areas below:
- Very proficient in Embedded C.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux.
- In-depth knowledge of either ARM, PowerPC, x86 or other large CPU architecture.
- Good appreciation of hardware.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with any of the following would be desirable:
- Hands-on knowledge of PCI Express, SRIO and VME fabrics.
- Experience with writing low-level software for operating systems such as VxWorks or Windows.
- Programming for parallel processor architectures.
- Network protocols.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481273