Our client, based in Cheshire is currently recruiting for an ETL Developer to join on a initial 6-month contract basis.
The successful ETL Developer will work with BI team on a Data Warehouse project using Kimball Dimensional modelling principles.
- Using this ETL tool will involve transformation of spatial data into a variety of formats, data models and repositories for transmission to end users.
- ETL techniques, including the development of staging areas, recoveries, data cleansing, fact and dimension tables
- Develop robust and precise ETL routines to load the Data Warehouse from various sources
- Designs and writes the scripts required to extract, transform, load (ETL), clean, and move data and metadata so it can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or data store
- Works with the Business Intelligence Analyst to identify and understand source systems to meet business requirements
- Maps source system data to data warehouse models
- Develops and tests for extraction, transformation, and load ETL processes
- Defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Strong ETL development skills
- Working to the Kimball methodology
- Strong communicator both written and verbal is essential
- The ability to liaise with stakeholders and business users of all levels is essential
If this ETL Developer role sounds of interest, please apply or call Alex Taylor on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481197