Cashier / Treasury Assistant - 3mth FTC
Cashier - Treasury - 3 months Fixed Term Contract
The Cashier reports directly into the Finance Controller, but will however be expected to work within a team of four, incorporating cash management and management accounts. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside similar sized teams with some cross interaction. There will be interaction with other functions of the business.
- Daily short term cash management for c. 40 bank accounts, evaluating how best to utilise short term cash
- Posting of transactions to Sun ledger
- Weekly cash schedule preparation
- Organisation of foreign payments
- Daily dealings with claims department
- Daily cash payments, postings and bank reconciliations
- Ensuring accuracy and adherence to monthly timetable
- Control of electronic payment system and bank mandates
- Liaison with the banks to ensure transactions occur smoothly
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform to a high standard in a very fast paced environment.
To be successful in this role you must be a genuine team player who has the ability to cooperate confidently with colleagues and customers.
You will need to be self motivated and able to work under pressure.
You will need to be self-organised with excellent attention to detail skills, with the ability to multi-task with several different projects without allowing standards to drop
You must be able to work to strict deadlines
A flexible and positive approach is also needed to fit into our team culture.
Experience in insurance will be advantage.
Experience working within Treasury
Knowledge of Excel
Good numerical skills
Good communication skills
Organised with strong attention to detail
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483446