Nursery Room Leader
Nursery Room Leader - Ongar, Essex
We are recruiting for a Room Leader to work in the Toddler Room at our clients' fantastic nursery. Their ethos is to provide an extension to the children's own home environment and to try and emulate some of the activities, play and fun that you would want to incorporate in your little one's day. In other words: - 'If you can't be there, we can'.
They have a dedicated team who will gently encourage the children's educational progress through every key stage of the early learning curriculum. During the time spent with them, your children will develop all of the skills they need to make a smooth transition to 'Big School'.
Job Role: Room Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week (over 4 days)
Salary: £8.00 per hour (starting from) (Will be discussed in an interview)
- To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the setting and to maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
- To take responsibility for planning and delivering the Early Years Foundations Stage curriculum in their base room.
- To support the nursery manager by managing the staff in the room on a day to day basis, and by ensuring the S.M.A.R.T targets set by the nursery manager are met.
- To offer support and guidance to all staff, bank staff, volunteers, students on work placement or work experience.
- Carry out observations in order to establish that the children's development, general health and well-being is being enhanced and maintain a consistent standard of observations and development records, including contribution to 2 year old progress checks as required.
- To keep informative, accurate and up to date records, including completion of the 2yr old check (where appropriate) and any behavioural or developmental reports.
- To supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations.
- To take responsibility for daily health and safety checks and regular risk assessments in his/her part of the setting including toy and equipment maintenance.
- To assist in the preparation of snacks, set up and clear away at mealtimes and supervision of children during meal times.
- To work in accordance with the nurseries safeguarding procedures to promote the welfare and safety of children within the setting and to report any welfare or child protection concerns immediately to the nursery manager.
- To provide a high level of care that will enhance the children's general health and well-being.
- To provide a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas of the children's development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers.
- To act as a key person to a group of children and ensure their needs are reflected in the routines and curriculum of the setting.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and ensure staff support these children effectively.
- To liaise with parents/carers about their children's needs, interests and to inform parents/carers how their child's session progressed, always starting the discussion with a positive comment.
- To arrange and attend parents/carers meetings to allow two-way discussion on the child's progress on a regular basis.
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like this one.
What you need:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude.
- A good Safe Guarding knowledge.
- Minimum of a Level 3 Childcare qualification
- At least 1 years' experience working in a nursery setting.
- Room Leader experience desirable
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment and quote AC1492
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475060