Senior Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
Senior Systems Engineer (DevOps) - Elstree (North London) - Leading Software Business - Permanent
Are you looking to sink your teeth into a pivotal role within a growing IT infrastructure team? Are you excited by the tech space and want to join an innovative, market leading organisation? Do you want to work for a fast-paced global company? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we want to hear from you!
We are a leading SaaS business focused on providing CRM information to some of the biggest/ well known organisations across the globe, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of technology and adopting an enjoyable working environment!
The role as the Senior Systems Engineer is to provide support for our SaaS and Corporate environments. Working in a secure and compliant team, you will look after the infrastructure that our excellent customer platform runs on as well as providing assistance to the development teams.
As a business we're looking to bridge the gap between our infrastructure and development teams. Therefore we're looking for somebody with strong Windows & Virtualization skills as well as an understanding of automation technologies.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining/ enhancing the SaaS Infrastructure platform.
- Supporting the corporate and development environments
- Working within ISO27001, PCI DSS, HIPPA, SOC1 and SOC2 compliance rulings
- Asset management of hardware and software;
- Have a keen eye on new technologies, recommending new hardware and/or software which can add benefit and value to the organization
- Maintain excellent relationships with business users and stakeholders, as well as other IT team members
- Follow defined procedures and standards within the team, and assist the development of new ones
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors and failures to root cause
Must have skills/experience:
- Windows Server knowledge - You would class yourself as an expert in this field, and can demonstrate your extensive capabilities in this area.
- Automation skills - with good working knowledge of Powershell or other automation tools
- Networking - Network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, what they mean and their practical uses.
- VMware and Xen virtual management
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE or MCITP advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with people at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on tasks
- Team oriented with a demonstrable understanding of customer service and support
- Drive, passion and a commitment to service excellence
- Determination and ability to learn new technologies
- Linux Server knowledge - We have a Linux Estate to manage as well, cross over skills here would always be useful
- Documentation writing
- Server Hardware support
- Able to provide information during audits about manged systems
As a business we are growing rapidly, therefore there is plenty of room for progression!
Location - State of the art offices in North London
Salary - £55,000 - £70,000 (Bonus & Benefits)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480879