Senior Control and Automation Engineer
Job title Senior Control and Automation Engineer
Divisional/Functional area Engineering
Scope The Atlas UK Engineering Division has a job opportunity for the position of Senior Control and Automation Engineer.
This new position will be responsible for the development of control and automation solutions of Atlas UK’s Innovative Martine Systems. The successful candidate will work in a multidiscipline team and deliver effective control solutions that are safe and meet project requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A track record of leading a team who are designing and developing new control systems
- Experience of the design, implementation and testing of control systems in the Industrial or Defence environment
Desirable is knowledge and experience of:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Knowledge and experience of Distributive Control Systems
Location Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Employment status Permanent, Mon-Fri, 37 hours per week
Closing Date 17th November 2017
- Leading a team of engineers on a project
- Providing technical leadership to projects
- Provide design review, design management and control & automation expertise to graduate engineers
- Defining and generating automation and control solutions to meet customer requirements
- Planning and performing system testing to demonstrate that the finished product meets customer requirements
- To communicate the technical solution and to demonstrate compliance with requirements in line with system engineering processes
- Ensuring deliverables meet customer expectations and requirements, and that they are delivered to time, cost and quality
- The successful candidate will be expected to be able to demonstrate expert technical problems solving abilities, be a proactive team member and technical expert meeting the teams aims in seeking solutions to complex technical challenges
- Reports to Advanced System development Team Leader
- The successful candidate will work within a range of multidisciplinary project teams and is likely to lead technical areas within these teams
- Initial no direct reports but potential to build a control team depending on project requirements
- A formal qualification to first degree standard (2.1) in an electronic engineering, software, computer science or similar discipline
- Ideally an MSc in Automation & Control (or closely related subject)
- Chartered status or aspiration to work towards Chartered Status (IET)
- A high / expert level of professional experience in the field of control systems and or electric drive technologies
- Good discipline in the application of engineering practices and quality procedures
- Expert knowledge on the configuration and integration of electric drives and motor control
- A high level of understanding of electronic design and development
Other Key Skills/Product Knowledge
- Good, well developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work on customer sites (UK and abroad) as required
- Enthusiastic, with the drive and motivation to succeed in a highly technical and speculative domain
- Being prepared to respond positively and flexibly to requirements
- Full Driving Licence
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.