Senior Simulation Engineer
Job Title Senior Simulation Engineer
Salary £40,000 to £45,000+ (DOE)
- Maintain, develop and provide users with support for the deployment and use of in-house design and simulation software for bearings and bushes.
- Use of simulation techniques to solve customer issues/concerns.
- Maintain and develop user interfaces to calculation modules, including pre and post processing, graphics, database and distribution
- Assist in or lead the development of new simulation and design techniques
- Train and assist users in use of "routine" and
"specialised" simulations for the design of bearings and bushes
- Assist or lead in the deployment of software to solve customer design issues related to bearings
- Degree in IT/software with a special interest in Engineering Sciences OR a degree in Engineering Sciences (eg Tribology) with a special interest in computer simulations and software - essential
- Proficiency in another language - desirable
- Skills and Experience
- At least two years post-qualification experience - essential
- Experience in coding software (eg C, FORTRAN, xml, VB, .NET) - essential
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines - essential
- Ability to initiate projects and work as part of a team in a technical environment
- Practical and theoretical know ledge of engines and components - desirable
- Ability to write and maintain robust coding with keen attention to detail - essential
- Wanting and acting to maintain a high level of accuracy and a low level of errors.
- Having the technical skills, qualifications or experience required to perform the role effectively
Our client can offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. This is ensured through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444098