Science Teacher | South West London | January Start | MPS
Science Teacher job, Richmond, London
Science Secondary Job, Richmond, South West London
Start Date: Jan 2018 or Possibly sooner
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Science Teacher looking to join an innovative academy where you have plenty of opportunity for progression?
Would you like to work in an environment where results are excellent but training and development of teachers is the focal point?
If so, this is the job for you.
Your new School
Centrally located in the London Borough of Richmond this is a mixed average sized secondary school with good facilities and resources as it is part of a multi-academy trust. Most pupils behave maturely and relate well with staff and other pupils so are extremely receptive to inspiring lessons. Subsequently, with this being one of the glowing things outlined during their most recent Ofsted inspection the SLT have clear plans and the structure already in place to rectify their shortcomings.
Your new role
The school's achievements have been a result of the hard work and exceptional teaching ability of its staff. Subsequently, the school heavily invests in their teachers as they only want extremely driven and hardworking individuals who can push and challenge the highest achievers in the school, whilst being able to motivate the lower achievers and raise their academic attainment to ensure they maximise their potential. This is an excellent opportunity for CPD and career progression as the Science department is growing with 7 full time teachers and an excellent HOD. There is a mixture of experience levels within the team and real togetherness thus meaning NQTs are well supported. For experienced teacher, they are also able to offer TLRs and the opportunity to coordinate Year Groups, Key Stages and develop their management careers.
What you need to succeed:
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent) and experience teaching secondary students
* Experience teaching Science to students up to Key Stage 4.
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Strong Classroom Management and Behavioural Skills
* Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in the Science department
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Nevertheless, if unfortunately this job isn't quite for you but you are looking for a job in teaching, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77454324