Applications Support Engineer
Applications Support Engineer
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £29,799 to £36,613
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 14 November 2017
iSolutions are currently looking for an Applications Support Engineer to join our dynamic and rapidly evolving Applications Management Team based in our new prestigious offices in Southampton city centre. The role involves a broad variety of innovative work supporting the University?s Enterprise Applications, using a wide range of software and technologies.
To be successful, you will demonstrate the ability to work to high standards within a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills will also be key for working with other teams within iSolutions, other University staff, students and external suppliers.
- Be the technical authority for the application, providing dedicated customer support and acting as a 3rd line escalation point for customer incidents
- Work as a team to develop and build application solutions
- Take ownership and coordinate with the customer and other departments, to provide a quick solution to major incidents
- Stay informed of security notifications and software patches, plan any maintenance required
- Attend regular Change Management and team meetings.
You will likely have an application or web support/development background with demonstrable skills in the following:
- A high level modern programming or scripting language
- Applying tenacity and drive to troubleshoot complex issues
- Ability to learn new techniques and solve technical problems
- Developing or supporting web or database applications
- Supporting and configuring Unix or Windows servers
- Web server technology such as IIS, Apache or Tomcat/JSP Container
- Working with customers to understand their requirements
- Working with external suppliers
- Documentation writing.
We would especially like to hear from candidates who can also demonstrate familiarity with any of the following:
- ITIL standards
- IT security
- Version control software
Interviews will be awarded based on your answers to the ?Supporting statements? of the application form.
iSolutions is the University?s sole IT and computing services provider. We look after a diverse range of needs for a large user community, supporting and continuously improving many ICT services and applications.
The University of Southampton holds an Athena Swan Silver Award, demonstrating commitment to provide equal opportunities and to advance the representation of women in STEM/M subjects: science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine.
The University has a generous maternity policy, childcare facilities and employees are able to participate in the childcare vouchers scheme.
The University offers excellent benefits including the opportunity to develop your career in a professional, friendly and pleasant working environment, as well as an occupational pension scheme and generous holidays .Other benefits include state-of-the-art sports, arts and culture facilities, a full programme of events and access to a number of University employee discount schemes.
You should submit your completed online application form by clicking 'Apply Now'
The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. Please quote reference 931917JF on all correspondence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449634