Financial Planning Analyst
The Finance Department has gone through a period of change following staff restructuring, new systems around income and expenditure, legal entity restructuring, new processes. This has led to ZSL seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to support the Finance Business Partnering Team by providing robust financial modelling and insight.
Position: Financial Planning Analyst
Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Circa. £37,000 (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo - NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL?s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner Manager, this visible new role has two key areas of focus:
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner Manager by owning and developing the long-term financial model for the whole of ZSL, ensuring it is well maintained and robust, and using it to carry out extensive sensitivity testing and scenario analysis. This will involve working closely with the Finance Business Partners to gain an understanding of their areas, and also with the Head of Finance and Finance Director to discuss the assumptions made and conclusions drawn.
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners as required, during this period of change and improvement to processes and systems. For example, helping the Finance Business Partners to improve the data quality of our KPIs by investigating process and data issues, reconciling data from different sources.
The successful candidate will also be keen to get involved in cross-department ?task teams? ? for example, supporting improvement to the processes by which Gift Aid is claimed, improvements in how staff data is analysed and reported, etc. The role could also involve carrying out ad-hoc financial analysis to support key decisions, and helping to make improvements to the monthly management reporting pack, etc.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have extensive numeracy and financial analytical and modelling skills, developed ideally through being part qualified with a financial qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent level of work experience in a related position.
- Have the ability to create financial forecasting models with integrated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements. Cash flow forecasting techniques and monitoring cash headroom.
- Have sound experience in manipulating and analysing large volumes of data, including monitoring data quality and recommending process improvements to resolve data quality issues.
- Be knowledgeable of using key data visualisation techniques to better communicate complex financial information in a clear and insightful way.
- Have advanced skills with Microsoft packages ? specifically Excel (including pivot tables) and Power-point.
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task.
This role will suit someone who is looking to make a difference: using their strong skills in financial modelling to inform the ZSL strategy, their strong skills in data analysis to improve the quality of management information, and broaden their experience by getting involved in a range of improvement initiatives within the Finance team of this medium-sized organisation.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Finance Business Partner Manager. Whilst the post is primarily based at ZSL?s offices in Regents Park, the functional nature of the job may require the post holder to also work at Whipsnade Zoo on an occasional basis.
What's on Offer?
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 6%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Tuesday 14th November 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. We apply policies that are determined solely by job criteria and personal ability.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482969