Senior Field Installation & Service Engineer
Senior Field Installation and Service Engineer required for Glasgow, Reporting into a regional service manager.
My client is a British company that designs, manufactures, sells and services a range of equipment that improves the lives, mobility, and care of individuals. Key products include stair lifts, slings, hoists, and bathing chairs.
Salary £25,000 ? £28,000 DOE + Overtime (plenty available at 1.5x or 2x) + call out
On call is £100 (standby regardless if called out or not) + O/T rate, on call is on a rota basis.
Standard working hours are M-F 8am-5pm
Occasional overnight stays may be required as part of the role (fully paid for etc) and also travel to areas outside of the territory.
Holiday: 22days with the option to buy additional days, Loyalty increase after 3 and 5 years
Company pension scheme + other benefits
Company vehicle provided
Purpose of the Role
- On-site visits to customers to carry out installation and/or maintenance of all the equipment sold by the company.
- Maintaining company vehicle and van stock including condition, accuracy, and stock records
- Liaison with Area Managers regarding the information provided for installations
- To cover on call rota (out of hours) when required
- Work will be undertaken in various premises and settings including domestic homes, nursing and care homes, NHS and private hospitals.
- There may be a necessity to work flexible hours to suit either the client or the business needs.
- This role comes with a company van so a full, clean UK driving license is a key requirement for this role.
- Work within the team on a day to day basis performing all service tasks
- Ensure effective and timely coverage of your appointments and work within the requirements of each Service Level Agreement.
- Support the management and administration team to deal with escalated service issues quickly and effectively.
- Work as part of the Service Division to support development and implementation of technical solutions to support the company?s expansion and other initiatives.
- Will be required to participate in the provision of standby and on call service.
- Comply with all the requirements of the company staff handbook, vehicle handbook and the company code of conduct.
- Stair lift experience is essential for the role
- Good knowledge of systems within our market to support business needs
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot problems with an analytical mindset
- General understanding of office systems including Windows and the Office 365
- Proven track of experience as a Field Engineer resolving issues and carrying out complex system installations
- Good communication and ?people skills?
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive, self-motivating disposition and an ability to use own initiative
- Able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Methodical approach to problems to provide solutions for the business with flexibility
- Innovative thinker who can turn customer requirements into workable solutions
- Work will be undertaken in various premises and work may be in any area of the UK.
- There will be a necessity to work flexible hours to suit either the client or the business needs.
Interviewing now for an immediate start
Previous managerial experience is preferred as potential to progress within the company
- Equipment Installation
- Field Installation
- Field Service Engineering
- Field Engineer
- Equipment Installation
- Field Service Engineer
- Installation Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482115