JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
DEPARTMENT: GROUP FINANCIAL
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for making BACS or cheque payments, generating coding and checking invoices, working out VAT payments, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: All McGinley Employees Clients Suppliers Candidates Other (please specify)
OTHER: Click here to enter text.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coding and Posting Purchase Ledger Invoices ensuring the purchase order process has been followed.
- Process a weekly supplier payment run via BACS.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements to invoices and purchase orders to invoices.
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Ensure any processed invoices are scanned and attached to the appropriate system entry.
- Deal with any invoice or payment queries.
- Process staff expenses in line with the expenses procedure.
- Dealing with any supplier communication via email or telephone.
- Entering payments from Bank Statement in Cash Book.
- Ensure the Aged Creditor listing is managed and maintained appropriately.
- Assist with any purchase ledger related ad hoc reports and requests.
- Assist in the month end process ensuring all period related invoices are on the system.
- A Level educated preferably in Maths or related subject.
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of software packages like Sage and BACS
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skill
- Good awareness of deadlines
- Financial acumen
- Accounting Qualification
- Previous book-keeping experience
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Outgoing personality
- Good communicator, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- An energetic and motivated professional
- Self discipline
- Strong team player
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Attend company training courses as defined in the training programme for your job and grade
- Take part in self learning opportunities
- Help your manager identify your own special training needs
- Prepare for and take action following your appraisal
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482830