Robotics & Automation Engineer
Siemens' World Class manufacturing facility in Congleton, Cheshire have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and reliable Robotics & Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will spearhead the Product Engineering team's automation of mechanical assembly and packing processes through the introduction of new and innovative technologies.
- Automation project experience - leading automation projects from conception to manufacturing release.
- Experience of product development within automation - Design for Automation, Boothroyd Process, etc.
- To identify opportunities for improvement in quality, cost and delivery by the design, development and implementation of automation.
- To generate relevant justifications for capital approval of new equipment, spares, refurbishment's and services.
- To support activity in line with the site wide TPM initiative.
- To demonstrate a can do approach to all continuous improvement projects.
- Generate user requirement specifications to ensure all aspects of equipment expectations are defined when designing, developing, improving and/or implementing equipment.
- Ensuring that all relevant procedures, criticality assessments and correct operations are facilitated at all times.
- Work as part of the Product Engineering team to meet project requirements and deliverables.
- Consider safety to be the most important responsibility - both personal safety and incorporation of process safety into the application.
- Work closely with the industrial engineering team to realize digitalization opportunities - digital twin, factory simulation, etc.
- Identify and define engineering and operator training requirements to support new applications.
- Provide support during commissioning to ensure a smooth transition into volume production.
- Update the application as needed to address issues identified during commissioning.
- Proven experience within industrial, production/manufacturing automation or process engineering automation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Robotics experience - preferred Kuka / Universal
- Control experience - Siemens S7 / Nanobox / TIA
- Automation experience - Product Assembly & Packing or similar transferable skills.
- Additive Manufacturing experience - beneficial but not essential
- Software - Teamcentre / NX / Plantsim - beneficial but not essential
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechatronics, robotics or similar discipline.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480257