Power Systems Engineering Consultant
Would you like to join a growing Power Engineering team? We?re looking for a Power Systems Engineering Consultant to join our busy Power Systems Engineering Team in Staines. As part of a growing global Engineering Consultancy you?ll need a deep and thorough understanding of Power Systems Engineering gained through fundamental theory knowledge and professional experience which you?ll showcase daily to our world-class clients. You can expect flexibility, variety and travel, visiting UK and perhaps global clients to discuss, define and verify requirements and generate high quality technical proposals and reports. This is an excellent route into Consultancy for those seeking a change of direction or a role that offers great development potential for those keen to progress. Our Staines office is a collaborative and diverse office perfect for those looking to apply and develop their technical skills.
Working closely with the Power Systems team you will manage, assist and advise on Power Systems projects and tasks, ensuring programmes are delivered within budget and timescales, you can also expect to:
- Apply your expertise across a variety of projects (from LV to 400 kV) in some of the following key areas: Conceptual / Feasibility Study and Design, System Studies (Steady State & Dynamic), Protection (on Industrial, Distribution and Transmission) and Substation Design
- Network innovation with a good understanding of current and new technologies for smart grid, control mechanisms, and renewable energies
- Independently discuss, define and verify client requirements reflecting details in Technical Proposals or Reports
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum of 4 years? work experience in a Power Systems Engineering environment
- Proficient in at least one industry standard Power Systems analysis software package (e.g. ERACS, PSSE, IPSA+, etc.)
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical degree with relevant experience,
- A higher degree or recognised Power Systems qualification would be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer status, or working forwards the status
You?ll offer more than most to exceed the expectations of our world-class clients. You?ll have well developed communications skills to use in interactions with colleagues and clients. You?ll have excellent attention to detail and developed good report writing and presentation skills, useful negotiation skills and the ability to engage your clients with ease. You?ll enjoy customer engagement and be comfortable in understanding their needs and building an excellent rapport to represent the company in a professional manner. You?ll be a motivated and positive individual keen to challenge yourself, meet your objectives and exceed expectations.
RINA Consulting is the engineering consultancy division of the RINA Group. Working alongside clients, as a trusted technical partner, RINA Consulting provides a wide range of traditional and innovative services to critical industry sectors, including oil & gas, power, renewables, space & defence, transport & infrastructure sectors. Over 1,700 talented professionals give us the depth of experience across engineering disciplines to support clients at each phase of their project ? from initial concepts and design, through to operation, maintenance and decommissioning. We are committed to providing services that are of the highest quality for our clients, creating added value for their business through our technical advice and support ? managing risk, operating safely, and optimising performance in a sustainable way.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions, you?ll enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction, you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you?ll find yourself working with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.
Please send your cv to ******************
*Due to the expected level of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you for your interest in RINA careers.*
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481816