Our client is looking for an experienced Application Engineer to work on a 37 hour per week contract role to start on the 27-11-117 until the 30-03-18 with a likely extension to the contract.
Essential. The post holder may be expected to travel to achieve the requirements of the role.
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Purpose of Role:
- Develop an understanding of the behaviour of business applications in order to troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Responsible for the development and upkeep of application documentation.
- To develop standards, policies and best practice for the use of information systems.
- To liaise and negotiate with application suppliers and users.
- To support in running projects and upgrades of the applications.
- To manage the relationship, provide day to day advice and guidance and be the technical owner of problem resolution of business applications.
- To adhere to security, risk and change control procedures.
- To liaise and work with Support Analysts and Technical Support Engineers in the resolution of calls, project work and continuous ICT service improvement.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond any required training
- To undertake any duties relating to the functions of the ICT Service as required by the Service Delivery Manager and ICT Section Head.
- Ability to work accordingly to cover service hours of 8am until 6pm as required by line manager
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HOLD A CURRENT STANDARD CRB/DBS CHECK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477496