Contract Length: 12 months with optional further period of up to 12 months dependent on business need & performance
Client: HM Passport Office
Security Clearance Level Required: SC (SC clearance is required. HMPO will support the clearance process)
Summary of the role
Power BI DevOps Engineer for HMPO's BI transformation project, working in agile delivery team to iteratively design, build and implement a BI platform infrastructure in collaboration with Lead Technical Architect. This work will lay the foundation of key architecture building blocks for the future BI platform.
Early market engagement
Home Office have already evaluated various BI tools and chosen Microsoft Power BI as a strategic BI Visualisation Tool.
Who the specialist will work with
There is a small team allocated to this work formed of a Product Manager, Business Analyst, Technical Lead, Developer and a Lead Architect.
What the specialist will work on
Build BI infrastructure in AWS using Puppet, Chocholatey, Jenkins
Support and installation of Windows 2012, Windows AD, SQL Server and automation
Provide Expert knowledge and be an escalation point of contact for BI Infrastructure
Work with existing DevOps team, BI project team and HMPO Security stakeholders.
Essential skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of using AWS(VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, IAM) mandTerraform for provisioning AWS resources
- Have demonstrable experience of using Developers tools: GIT, Jenkins, Nexus/Artefactory and YAML/JSON
- Have demonstrable experience of Networking concepts: TCP/IP, Firewall, Routing, DNS
- Have demonstrable experience of Windows 2012 server installation, management, configuration management, Chocholatey application manager
- Have demonstrable experience of SQL Server installation, support and managemen
- Have demonstrable experience of configuring Windows AD, roles, permissions, group policies, Windows security, Antivirus and WSUS
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of build automation using Puppet, Ansible and Docker
- Have demonstrable experience of Linux adminstration
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482667