Visual Basic and SQL Scripting Analyst/ Programmer - Peterbo
Visual Basic and SQL Scripting Analyst/ Programmer - Peterborough
Our client, a major diesel engine manufacturer based in Peterborough has just made available an initial 12-month contract opportunity for a VBS Developer to join their team.
Key Responsibilities of the Visual Basic and SQL Scripting Analyst/ Programmer
This is an exciting opportunity for a VBS Developer to help build and expand their data processing capabilities. It will include;
- the development of complex scripts from a library of functions to automatically process engine data as it arrives on the server, performing calculations and writing Meta data from the results.
- it may also include continuous improvement of library functions, including statistical analysis, and development of graphical user interfaces.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Visual Basic and SQL Scripting Analyst/ Programmer
- Industrial / commercial experience in Visual Basic / VBS scripting
- Good knowledge of server side development in particular Visual Basic and SQL
- Solid understanding of statistics and statistical analysis
- SQL scripting
- Bachelors or Master's science degree (Information Technology / Computer programming / Engineering / Physics or equivalent)
- Python coding
- R coding
- Pattern Matching (awk, grep, perl, regular expressions)
- Prior experience with HDF5 format files
- Prior experience with XML format files
- Knowledge of diesel engine technology
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475575