Support Analyst - 2nd Line, Systems Administration
Support Analyst - 2nd Line, Systems Administration, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Citrix, VMware
Our client are a leading global Asset Manaement firm who are now looking to recruit a Support Analyst (2nd Line, Systems Administration, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Citrix, VMware) on a permanent basis.
As the firms Support Analyst (2nd Line, Systems Administration, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Citrix, VMware) you will be resposible for daily operational checks, investigating and resolving any problems identified. You will provide administration and support of corporate PC, server, telephony and LAN/WAN infrastructure.
Other key responsablites for this Support Analyst (2nd Line, Systems Administration, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Citrix, VMware) are:
- Ensure that IT support calls (telephone, e-mail and in-person) from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related technologies are answered, evaluated, logged, prioritised and where required implement relevant steps to prevent re-occurrence.
- Test hardware, software and operating systems to evaluate ease of use and determine if the product will aid user in performing work.
- Document all software and hardware installations.
- Liaise with external providers of hardware and software to resolve IT issues.
- Provide regular feedback, backup and training documentation to Senior Infrastructure Support Analyst.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is developed and supported in accordance with ITIL framework.
To be considered for this Support Analyst (2nd Line, Systems Administration, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Citrix, VMware) you must meet this criteria as much as possible:
- Strong customer focus.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems and Office suite. Windows XP/7/8.1 and Office 2007/2010/2013.
- The ability to write or read scripts written in Windows PowerShell would be desirable.
- Good knowledge and experience of network technologies such as TCP/IP and Ethernet.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously and also to work effectively within a team environment.
- Proven ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels.
Exposure to any of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, and key technologies associated with it. Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
- Exchange 2007/2013, SCCM 2012, SQL 2005/2008/2012 and Citrix XenApp/XenMobile.
- AV-related technologies including Video Conferencing, VOIP, SIP, ISDN, H323 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Networking technologies including Cisco IronPort, Cisco router/switch management and troubleshooting.
- Internet technologies, particularly MS IIS, Bluecoat, Riverbed Steelhead and Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware.
- Storage and backup technologies including SAN, DAS and RAID.
- HP/Lenovo PC and server hardware.
- Financial Services IT environments that are ITIL compliant.
- Financial Market Data Applications such as Bloomberg.
- Backup technologies including Veeam and Backup Exec.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482149