IR35 Status: INSIDE
Duration: 6 Months
Client: Hydro graphic Office
Summary of Work
The UKHO has a vision to become the world's leading marine geospatial information agency. This involves a major programme of change and technical innovation an element of which is the Data Science practice that has been established and is now delivering innovative machine learning pipelines.
Who the specialist will work with
The engineer will primarily work within the Data Science practice who are working on leading edge machine learning pipelines for a variety of internal and external customers. The practice normally work in 6 week bursts so there will be opportunities to work on a number of different problems. All members of the practice can write code but the engineer will be expected to take the lead on refactoring or productionising pipelines.
What the specialist will work on
The Senior Software Engineer works as part of an Agile Data Science team, hands-on coding in Python 3.x for data science image processing pipelines, desktop applications and application plug-ins. They will deliver high quality software, supported by automated tests and documentation.
Essential skills and experience
- At least three years experience of the following: Python 2.x and 3.x, Core libraries e.g. Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Linux: Ubuntu and CentOS, Working practice: git, test-driven design, unit testing, bash
- Be able to work quickly in an agile environment
- Be able to explain ideas in a way that other people understand
- Know how to remove complexity from services and applications
- Put forward a case for design with a product owner or Head of Data Science
- Engage the whole multidisciplinary team with the design process
- Engagement with sources of technical knowledge and best practice, applying this to one?s work
- Experience of code refactoring
- Experience of designing and writing unit tests.
- Experience of applying design patterns and other design techniques.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Machine Learning, Keras, SQL, Geospatial libraries, shapely, Fiona, rasterio, geopandas
- Understanding of Keras and image processing algorithms, Scala, Spark and Hadoop
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481192