CAD Design/Applications Engineer
The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
A vacancy has arisen for an Applications/Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of technical support to internal and external customers. This will involve design work and providing CAD generated drawings along with technical documents as required.
As our Senior Applications/Design Engineer you will:
- The job holder will be required to produce CAD generated connector assembly and harness drawings to comply with Company/Client specifications.
- Part of the role is also to define and compile assembly, installation, maintenance, FAT and qualification test procedures along with Bills Of Materials, test reports, technical data sheets and procurement specifications.
- There may be an element of Desk Engineering with this position which requires the individual to provide engineering support at customer premises both in the UK or overseas for pre-determined periods of time.
- Our engineers are expected to be able to represent the company in technical meetings at client or supplier premises and exhibitions, again both in the UK and overseas.
- HNC qualification - preferably mechanically based, along with a sound knowledge of engineering principles.
- Knowledge of CAD systems is essential, both 2D and 3D.
- Our engineers must have the ability to prioritise work load, multi task and work to tight deadlines.
- Good communications skills are key which will allow the candidate to confidently write reports and communicate with internal and external contacts at all levels
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria. Siemens Subsea Connectors is recognised as a world leader in its field. The business has been providing subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 3,000 metres.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480254