Principal Engineer - PLM
Would you like the opportunity to be part of the team achieving a new standard of excellence in Product Lifecycle Management in our business? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer - PLM at our site in Scotstoun, Glasgow.
As a Principal Engineer - PLM you will be a key contributor in integrating our processes, data, technology and people to deliver enhanced Product Lifecycle Management for the Type 26 programme. As part of the PLM team, it is your innovative solutions that will be adopted by all future Naval Ships programmes.
Your role will be rewarding, offering the chance to have a real impact in shaping the Type 26 programme and the transformation of the naval ships business.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - PLM will be:
* Analysing and capturing business requirements to deliver Type 26 PLM enhancements
* Ensuring the PLM approach satisfies relevant business functional stakeholders, such as engineering, production planning and manufacturing
* Defining and analysing stakeholder processes to support PLM enhancements
* Specifying requirements for our Product Data Management (PDM) system and ERP interface
* Promoting and benchmarking our world-class PLM approach, both internally and externally (focussed on benefits in improved quality, cost and schedule)
Your skills and qualifications:
An in-depth understanding of PLM processes and capturing requirements
Experience improving the use of PLM/PDM/ERP toolsets (e.g. Windchill, TeamCenter, Aveva ERM etc.)
Understanding of product information management principles
Experience with configuration management in complex products
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders. You will be able to use your initiative and prioritise your workload to ensure project delivery to set timescales and milestones.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474478