Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India this is an exciting prospect for anyone looking to join Capita as it opens many doors in terms of progression opportunities in a range of sectors
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Management Accountant (6 month Contract) based in our Newbury office but with flexibility to work across a number of sites in the South.
To work in a small finance team focusing on the production of monthly management accounts and forecast packs for specific cost centres. The role will require month end reporting, MOB preparation, detailed forecasting and analysis and oversight and control of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Monthly entering of journal entries, including accruals and prepayments in preparation for the management accounts
- Producing the monthly management accounts
- Production of monthly MOB reports
- Providing appropriate commentary and analysis to the management accounts in order explain variances to forecast and budget, and significant movements in month
- Production of annual budget packs to be modelled in excel and processed through Axiom
- To assist with forecasting working capital, managing debt, reviewing WIP and ensuring that all sales invoices are billed promptly.
- Detailed monthly ledger interrogation at month end to ensure that the Business Unit is being cross charged appropriately.
- Monitor, control and produce monthly headcount and FTE reports and payroll reconciliation to ensure that monthly charges are in line with forecast.
- The role will require a high level of communication between operations, sales, sales support and sales admin via telephone, telepresence, email, and face to face meetings
- Working to reconcile profit margins per project on a monthly basis for inclusion in the monthly forecast packs and developing reports to support product profitability and customer profitability.
- Supporting the role out of SAP projects and project profitability.
- Preparation, production and administration of monthly commission payments in line with targets.
- Oversight and management of all purchase invoices, PO's and sales invoices through the business.
- To assist the finance team with any queries
- Audit preparation
- Any other Ad hoc finance duties as required
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA candidate, or in final study stages.
- Good communicator, enthusiastic, hard-working and a team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to use their initiative and be able to apply business focus to the work they are producing.
- Specific experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Interaction with other departments, such as Sales and Operations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Previous experience in using SAP.
Key values and behaviours:
- Constantly endeavour to ensure responsibilities are carried out to the highest standard
- Learn from any mistakes made
- Consistently professional and positive
- Able to take responsibility for own professional development
- Customer's individual needs are understood and responded to in a timely fashion
- Customers are shown courtesy and respect
- Clear communication is maintained when expectations and progress are of concern
- Responsibility is taken when customer queries or requests are involved within service level agreements
- Customer and line manager feedback is acted upon positively
- Acceptance of change and being open minded to new methods
- Act promptly and decisively when dealing with problems and provide solutions
- Avoid problems in the short term and take opportunities to progress work
- Good practice is applied to meet service and Updata needs
- Colleagues are treated with respect and are valued as individuals
- Relationships between colleagues are positive
- Colleagues are supported and flexible towards each others' needs
- Open and honest two way communication is maintained
- Listen to each other and actively share information
- Contribute to team meetings in order to develop own and team performance
- Encourage others and acknowledge their efforts
- Skills and knowledge are shared in areas of own expertise to support others
- All necessary information is provided to carry out jobs
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job we will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482083