Senior Engineer - Whole Boat & Technical Documentation - Bristol
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Whole Boat & Technical Documentation to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The primary purpose of the role is to conduct and deliver tasks associated with the review and update of Technical Documentation in accordance with the Maritime Delivery Framework Annual Plan.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To support Whole Boat areas of Engineering Programme Management activity as identified by the Team Leader, including investigation of technical tasks and design change development.
- To undertake ISM Technical Document Update and Revalidation in relation to specific documentation assigned.
- To support the development of a programme of work necessary to accomplish the update of Technical Documentation, and agree with the sponsor.
- To establish the scope of work and specify update requirement by coordinating documentation review by appropriate authorities including sub-contractors, OEM, Repair Authority, Equipment Authorities and Design Authorities.
- To support the Team Leader to set up suitable contracting arrangements with sub-contractors, OEMs (and others as necessary) to determine detailed update requirements
- To manage the outputs of subcontractors to ensure that tasks that are contracted out are completed to the required quality, programme and cost.
- To coordinate a comprehensive and cohesive set of update requirements for sponsor approval.
- To coordinate with the appropriate MoD Documentation Management Agency to facilitate update of documentation.
- To maintain appropriate records in assigned areas of work including project files and the Management information System (MIS) when required by the tasks.
- To adhere to and apply relevant policy, procedure and quality requirements.
- To support other Technical Documentation Update activities as directed by the Team Leader.
- Provision of technical support on Technical Documentation review and documentation aspects to other departments of Engineering Services.
- Utilise Project Management best practice in delivery of WB&TD Outputs as defined by the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) Annual Plan.
- Supervision of resource allocated to tasks which the post holder is responsible.
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Foundation Degree in a relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; OR
- Qualified to HND / BTEC Level 5 in a relevant STEM discipline may be acceptable augmented by significant experience in a relevant engineering field.
- Experience of Royal Navy submarines from a design, maintenance or operational perspective.
- Experience in the creation or update of Technical Documentation (desirable)
- Be proficient in the use of appropriate Project Management & IT tools (especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio).
- Professional registration with an appropriate Engineering Institute or a working plan in place demonstrating how this will be achieved.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474296