MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Mechanical Design Engineer
£40k to £42k & excellent benefits
As a well-respected player in the specialist automation engineering arena, my client has an enviable history of providing automation solutions to a range of industries that include; pharmaceutical, food, automotive, medical devices and even cosmetics.
They've become so successful by providing high quality automation solutions and by listening to their customers to ensure that difficult automation processes are engineered to overcome even the most difficult of tasks.
Due to a sustained period of growth and plans to increase the reach of the business, they are now looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established team near to Birmingham.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
- Take ownership for the mechanical designs of the company's systems and machines
- Be working with other design team members
- Take the client brief to provide conceptual designs and take these designs to final approval and manufacture
- Take into account costs relating to the finished article and how this impacts the manufacturing process
- Be designing fixtures, associated components and machinery
- Be carrying out design and detailing activities
In order to be considered for this Mechanical Design Engineer role it is expected that you will have:
- Previous experience of designing automated machinery
- Sound experience of designing with SolidWorks in 3D
- Solid commercial awareness and an ability to design within costs, whilst not sacrificing the functionality of the machine or the client's expectations
- An ability to work with others to discuss concepts, novel ideas and solutions to design or practicality issues
- A relevant educational background or industry training / experience
- Excellent communication abilities (written and spoken) and the ability to liaise with all levels of colleague, customer and manufacturing staff
- A positive attitude and a desire to get things right first time
In addition to working with some very clever engineers and designing some very interesting equipment, you will be rewarded with;
- A good annual salary based on your skills and experience
- 32 days holiday per year (24+8)
- Superb career development opportunities
If you'd like to discuss this position before applying please call John Ryan on ************
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477845