Graduate Production Scientist
GRADUATE Production Technician / Scientist
Porton Down - BBI Detection
BBI Detection specialises in the development and supply of innovative technologies for rapid sampling and identification of biological threats, explosives and narcotics for military, first responder and security markets.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Production Technician / Scientist into our experienced and highly skilled antibody manufacturing team, based at our secure Porton Down facility. This is the ideal opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic graduate looking for their first step into industry.
As the Production Technician / Scientist, your role will be laboratory based and will involve working within a small team on contract and internal manufacture projects. Projects will primarily involve routine manufacture of small and large scale quantities of monoclonal antibodies from clones supplied by the customer as well as production of other bio-reagents used in the detection of biological and explosive targets.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work as part of the team supporting the production of antibodies and other reagents.
- Carry out laboratory and office based tasks including maintenance and cleaning to provide a safe and efficient environment to work
- Carry out experimental work under supervision, as approved by line Manager.
- Write up worksheets for manufacture records in a format and timescale adhering to BBI group quality procedures.
- Support dispatch of products to customers
- Support maintenance of consumable materials and chemicals using the appropriate business software and procedures and dealing with suppliers.
- Work cooperatively within the team, sharing ideas and concepts to enable achievement of goals.
- Form good relationships within the team and across the group.
- Support the Site Leader and BBI Detection Commercial team in delivery of the business.
- Use software systems appropriately to support the business e.g. Microsoft Office, ERP (Sage 200).
- Clean and maintain laboratory facilities in line with quality and health and safety requirements.
- Work in accordance with site and legislative employment policies and safety requirements.
- Support all internal, customer and regulatory/certification audits.
- Support all manufacture and development projects across the business.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need a degree in a Bioscientific discipline, and experience of working within a laboratory environment. Ideally you will be somebody with knowledge of antibody production and immunoassays as well as and understanding of the ISO 9001 quality standards.
The following key skills are requirements for the role:
- Good Laboratory skills
- ELISA Development
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability within a changing working environment.
You will ideally be a strong team player and an individual who embraces change and has a willingness to learn new skills.
The salary offering for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBI?s attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% contributory pension scheme.
- Life Assurance
- Private health care scheme.
- 28 days? holidays (inclusive of bank holidays) with up to 4 additional days off, including 1 day for your birthday
- Participation in the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes.
BBI is a fast-paced and agile business, with a track record of growth, and the opportunity to influence and direct the business going forward. We deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. We look for our people to be active participants in BBI life, to make work fun as well as challenging.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475476