Bone Marrow Transplant senior nurse
Senior Staff Nurse - Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
Up to £44,036 per annum + benefits
Pulse has been invited by one of London's leading hospitals to recruit a Senior Staff Nurse (band 6) within their new Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT) that has JACIE accreditation.
The successful candidate would be working alongside recognised and specialist paediatric consultants within their field on a 4-bedded BMT unit. The unit provides bone marrow transplantation in children and adolescents up to the age of 19.
The nurse will also be working across oncology and haematology patients on the ward, providing variation to your nursing duties. This is a varied role where nurses will be working closely with a separate paediatric oncology service, chemotherapy day unit and paediatric intensive care unit.
As a senior nurse on the unit, you will be assisting the ward manager in their absence in addition to assisting the team with the management of haematological emergencies when required.
The successful senior nurse will support management with providing clear leadership - conducing appraisals, lead and coordinate team projects and team building activities plus, assist with events and publications promoting the BMT service.
The nurse will be providing anti-cancer therapy via various methods including bone marrow infusions.
- NMC registration
- Paediatric nursing experience
- Experience caring for bone marrow transplant patients
- Undertaking assessments
- Assisting with diagnosis
- Assisting Consultants with harvesting and transplantation aftercare
- Providing an advise and support service to patients and their parents
- Competitive salary offered to staff - up to £44,036
- Genuine career development and training opportunities for staff
- Contributory pension scheme
- Various other flexible benefits also offered
For more info please call Jasmin on 0207 959 1016 or email