Senior Engineer - Weights
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Weights
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £34k-£38k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Senior Engineer - Weights
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties for current and future programs.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Use benchmark data to develop targets for Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties to support attribute teams.
- Review vehicle & systems with program application engineers to highlight sensitivity of weight status and distribution on vehicle attributes.
- Develop, document and report status against targets, highlighting consequences of package options, across vehicle attribute group.
- Plan activities within the boundaries set by MISSION, to demonstrate target achievement by the program gateways.
- Work closely with the vehicle attribute and application engineers to ensure vehicle meets weight targets.
- Write Engineering Reports to support the above.
- Write local Processes/Procedures as required.
- Support relevant PMT/PAT meetings as required.
- Follow our client's MISSION product creation process and ensure all required information and actions are completed according to agreed programme cost, time and quality contract.
Qualifications & experience
- Engineering Degree essential, with a materials or vehicle attribute bias desirable.
- Extensive experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group.
- Experience of vehicle package / concept would be desirable, as would be working in a Vehicle Attribute department.
- Experience in materials development / materials selection would be an advantage.
- MISSION knowledge or equivalent process knowledge (AMPCS, GPDS, FPDS).
- Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best solutions for the product.
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
- A clear communicator, with good organisation skills and also excellent analytical skills.
- Team player and competent in all MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- A working knowledge of Teamcentre and NX would be desirable.
- Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Weights, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480581