Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Machining
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (LEAD) - MACHINE MANUFACTURING
One of those great career development opportunities...
I am looking to recruit a senior level - Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join a global and market leading machining manufacturer supplying into a wide variety of Industries.
Due to growth and development plans within the engineering / technical department initially this position would report into the Technical Manager & Director with the plan of ultimately developing a managerial role as Design Manager.
Burton-Upon-Trent, Coalville, Derbyshire, Hucknall, Ilkeston, Leicester, Long Eaton, Loughborough, melton Mowbray, Nottingham, Sutton-in-Ashfield
- £38 - £50k (Depending on Experience)
- Contributory Pension
- Auto Enrolment pension operates
- There will be provision of a pool car if required
- Internal progression - this position will ultimately become a managerial position for the right candidate
THE ROLE: As the successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer your key duties will be to:
- Oversee the existing design department - lead by example and impart experience and knowledge
- Predominantly take an existing process/product and adapt - design from a blank canvass and also take on some bespoke project / design requirements
- Lead and manage engineering change and design release
- Provide a strong "Design for Manufacturing" input on existing products required to streamline manufacture
- Travel within the UK and overseas should the need arise / as required for design meetings at customer premises
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will have:
- Knowledge of contemporary manufacturing methodologies such as DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) - essential
- A proven record of producing production drawings and files for sub contract manufacture -highly desirable - essential for sheet metal fabrication (including laser, CNC Punch and folding operations plus assembly)
- Excellent Solid Works, CAD skills - essential
- Knowledge of air handling systems, conveyorised industrial ovens, furnaces or other thermal processing equipment - highly desirable
- Strong communication skills and leadership qualities
- The ability to provide design project evidence highlighting work specifically undertaken and including details of the end product
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please click on the link provided. If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us. ************* and ask for Caroline Alves ***********************
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959473588