IT Applications and Operations Manager
Sopra Steria Recruitment are working with an iconic and renowned retail brand in the search for an IT Applications and Operations Manager on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract.
- IT Applications & Operations Manager (Distribution)
- Midlands / Milton Keynes (with frequent travel)
- Up to £65,000 + Excellent benefits
- Initial 12-month Fixed-Term Contract
Within this role, you will be responsible for leading the Distribution IT team to define and drive the short/long-term roadmap for strategic change to support business growth and improve efficiency.
You will be a champion in leading and managing the technical delivery of all the strategic projects within the organisation and 3rd party suppliers. Your focus will be within the Distribution / Transport remit, and you will ensure that the team provides 24/7 first and second line technical support within this remit nationally.
Managing internal and external suppliers will be second nature to you, as well as the delivery of technical projects from design through to implementation.
Your aim will be to minimise operational downtime and system issues as well as delivering change / projects. You will grow and develop a team of support and development specialists for the Distribution and Transport remit.
Key Skills & Experience
As the preferred candidate, you will have experience in the following?
- Strong knowledge of project processes, project management (and relevant tools) and Governance. This will include Agile/Scrum/Waterfall knowledge.
- Extensive experience in service management, technical support and incident management.
- WMS Experience.
- Project/Change/Program Management Experience.
- Excellent leadership track record, as well as the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of technical architecture ranging across network/infrastructure, service and applications.
- Willingness to travel - UK wide.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The role is an initial FTC with the possibility of extending beyond that. This is a fantastic opportunity to stamp your mark within an instantly recognisable organisation undertaking some exciting transformation projects.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480980