Retail Sales Floor Manager
Retail Sales Floor Manager
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 + Incentives Worth up to £2,000pa
Our client is looking for a Full Time Retail Sales Floor Manager with knowledge of home furnishings to run the busy Furnishing Floor in their Guildford store.
The Home Furnishing floor specialises in:
- Bespoke hand-made, made-to-measure and ready-made curtains.
- Custom-made blinds and shutters.
- Curtain tracks and poles.
- Cushions, tiebacks, pelmets, valances and other home accessories.
- Net curtains and voiles.
- Fabrics by the metre from suppliers such as Sanderson, Romo, Jane Churchill, Designers Guild, Harlequin, JAB and many more.
Our client also offers a Home Measuring Service offering customers in-home advice on appropriate furnishing solutions and colour options for their windows. Their hand-made curtains are made locally by a team of experienced makers and they also offer a track fitting service for installing any of their products. The successful candidate will oversee both the sales floor, and the making and fitting operation for the Horsham Store.
Purpose of Retail Sales Floor Manager:
- To provide leadership, motivation and organisation to the furnishing sales team. This will include the following departments - Furnishing Fabrics, Curtains, Blinds and Net Curtains.
- To look after their customers, promote their products and services, proactively generate sales and oversee successful delivery of furnishing work.
- To eliminate unnecessary loss and wastage through effective management and ensure profitability of sales.
- To report into the Store Manager, Buyers and Directors on Sales and profitability and to feedback on product ranges and ideas to generate sales growth.
Requirements of the Retail Sales Floor Manager:
The Sales Floor Manager role is both challenging and rewarding and is suitable for people with personal skills such as creativity, time management, sales focus, independence and commitment. Our client is a longstanding family business, trading for over 80 years. They have a strong commitment to exceptional customer service and an enjoyable and fulfilling working environment for their staff. They are looking for a candidate who wants to commit to the business for a long time and help to promote our brand within the area. There is a good deal of scope and autonomy within this role to allow for personal development.
Experience of Home Furnishings, Curtains and Blinds is preferred and previous management experience is essential for this role.
If you have experience in this industry and are looking for an exciting opportunity to manage a busy sales floor and an experienced team of 10+ members of staff our client would like to hear from you.
If you feel you meet the above criteria of the Retail Sales Floor Manager role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476756