Vacancy: Paralegal (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Office: Stoke on Trent - NLU
Salary: £23,020 - £26,372
Closing date for applicants: 16 November 2017
Interview Dates: TBC
For your application to be considered it is a mandatory requirement that we receive all completed documents within the application pack, as well as an up to date CV.
Are you an expert Personal Injury Paralegal?
Hungry to work on high profile cases?
Then look no further as Thompsons Solicitors has just the opportunity for you.
We are the most experienced trade union, employment rights and claimant personal injury law firm in the UK. Established since 1921 we have been able to build a diverse team of professionals who take immense pride in providing high quality legal services to the victims of injury and are passionate about protecting the rights of working people. Want to join us?
We are currently looking for a talented Paralegal to join us in our Stoke office to run a caseload of Personal Injury cases. You will be a team player with the ability develop and maintain excellent client relationships and will be keen to engage in marketing and business development opportunities.
You will be conducting and managing a full caseload of Personal Injury cases. You will carry out initial case assessments on pre-litigated, fast track, ex portal accident cases for union clients, which include RTA, EL and PL. Responsibilities to be undertaken include obtaining evidence in support of liability, pre action disclosure, obtaining medical evidence, instructing non-medical experts, assessing claim value and attending on clients, witnesses, experts, third parties and defendants.
In return, you will have the opportunity to advance your career by working on a diverse portfolio of cases, which will include highly-prestigious and interesting cases. You will also receive invaluable training from leading lawyers in the Personal Injury field, offering unrivalled professional growth and development. You will find a collaborative and friendly working environment and an excellent work/life balance.
- Strong knowledge of the Personal Injury field
- Experience handling cases from start to finish
- GDL or LPC qualification
- Someone who is self-sufficient and thrives in a busy working environment
- Excellent communication and client care skills, demonstrating an ability to empathise with vulnerable clients is essential
- Empathy with the Labour Trade movement is desirable
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Extensive benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance, life assurance
- 27 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Annual travel and parking loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial assistance for professional development
For a full job description and application form please visit our website.
Thompsons believes in equality and is an Equal Opportunities employer promoting diversity within the workplace.
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959450783