Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
- Data Warehouse Engineer
- BO Data Services
My client is looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to be part of the Business Systems team who are responsible for maintaining & developing new IT solutions that enable them to improve efficiencies and their customer service offering.
- Oracle Data Warehouse Requirements and Solutions Design:
- Enhance existing applications and deliver new applications that use the Data Warehouse as the foundation. Ensuring that the solutions are delivered on time and are fit for purpose.
- Undertake requirements gathering and detailed design (including analysis and proof of concept support as necessary), estimation, development and unit/integration testing.
- Provide support and guidance to the rest of the BI team, ensuring developments underpinned by the Data Warehouse platform are appropriately designed and integrated in order to deliver optimized, fit for purpose solutions.
- Ensure that all developments strictly adhere to stated change control procedures
- Development of the Data Warehouse(s) to defined project timescales, including:
- New tables.
- Aggregation and partitioning.
- PL/SQL procedures used by data loads.
- Data loads using Business Objects Data Services ETL Tool (formerly Business Objects Data Integrator ETL tool)
- Experience of requirements gathering, complete design, build, testing and deployment of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions within Development Standards & Change Control processes.
- Experience of Oracle Version 12 from an application development perspective, (use of SQL tools such as SQL*Plus, SQL Developer or TOAD. Use of Oracle SQL*Loader and ability to program PL/SQL). Ability to understand explain plans and to investigate query performance.
- Experience of Business Objects Data Services 3.x/4.x ETL tool (formerly Business Objects Data Integrator (BODI)) and extraction of data from SAP. Ability to use BODS to load flat file data feeds. Ideally looking for experience in Data Services version 4.2.
- Experience of modeling tools and an understanding of Entity Relationship diagrams.
- Experience of data analysis investigating data problems from source to report.
This is an urgent requirement, so if interested, or you know of someone who may be a good fit, please get in touch ASAP.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit ***********************
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479467