Senior Certification Engineer
Overall Purpose of The Job
The Certification Engineer will be responsible for the Airworthiness and Certification activities in support of approval of Changes and in service support thereafter.
Accurate identification of certification requirements and means of compliance proposals for use with the validation and verification / design process (right first time)
- Provide certification expertise and supporting documentation delivery as an active part of ensuring the final design be fully compliant with requisite certification and airworthiness requirements.
- Define, progress and facilitate test and analysis in support of compliance verification with relevant parties.
- Attend design and project meetings to provide the airworthiness and certification inputs and progress reports.
- Facilitate compliance verification and design approval of completed changes.
- When appropriate and approved to do so by Head of Design, undertake independent Compliance Verification in accordance with IR21A.239 (b) and DOA Privileges IR21A.263.
- Review reported failures, malfunction and defects that may affect the airworthiness of the product and determine any necessary action.
- Maintain technical competency and currency to be fully effective in role.
- Helping develop competency of other team members as required.
Knowledge & Skills: Essential
Suitably qualified and experienced person to deliver airworthiness and certification deliverables via:
- Working Knowledge of FAR/JAR/CS 27 and 29 Certification Specifications,
- Working Knowledge of EASA IR 21J DOA and MAA DAOS process and practices,
- Sound understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes,
- A good aviation background based in the Engineering discipline.
- A broad engineering knowledge of aircraft airframe, electrical and mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge and well practiced in compliance findings with certification codes,
- Equipment qualification processes and related standards, (Civil and / or equivalent Military Requirements)
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload in a dynamic business environment.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to assess evidence and develop conclusions based on that evidence in a logical and structured fashion.
- Minimum of 10 years industry related experience in aircraft/rotorcraft
- Design integration experience
- A proven track record of technical knowledge
- Previous experience as a CVE, or sufficient experience to achieve this role within a short period
- Experience of design for rotorcraft is an advantage
- Experience of system integration for rotorcraft an advantage
- Military experience an advantage
Education, Qualifications, Special Training
- Aeronautical or equivalent Degree
- Equivalent experience with another professional qualification may be considered
- Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent training.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481585