Telecoms Support Engineer
The Associates are looking for an Application Support engineer who ideally (but not essentially) has a grounding in telephony products which has an element of speech analytics, speech recording or speech recognition. The role will require you to be an extrovert who thrives in a collaborative environment. The central focus of this role will be to support multiple contact centre and sales sites across 1st and 2nd line support.
Your role will
- Lead the provision of 1st and 2nd line support, carrying out request fulfilment, troubleshooting and fault resolution tasks, and supplier escalations ensuring all faults/requests are logged, managed and resolved or escalated effectively in line with SLA?s.
- Follow ITIL best practice for incident, problem and change adhering to policies
- Work with key business stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the usage of the given technologies and to identify any product enhancements that will drive efficiencies
- Provide technical guidance on proposed changes to the solution, consulting with the supplier where necessary, and carrying out configuration and administration tasks ensuring accurate documentation at all times.
- Provide on-call support which may include occasional site visits.
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and manage these through the CSIP framework.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of support documentation and procedures, and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure compliance with the agreed contracts and the highest levels of service for the Contact Centre.
- Ideally have previous experience with telephony systems like Mitel , Avaya , Cisco , Nortel , Genesys or similar
What we expect from you:
- Experience of voice technologies and/or application support or equivalent voice system administration experience and SIP line technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels with the ability to adapt your style when needed
- Have IT and operational experience as well as excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand the wider implications of changes made to the technologies.
- Thorough practical appreciation of ITIL Service & Support processes
- Strong Customer Service Skills, effective in working with customers at all levels.
- Ability to liaise with technical experts from other disciplines.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
The role will require you to be a self starter who can work autonomously and problem solve. You will work in a team that is focused on sharing ideas and knowledge for the group betterment and where required you will also receive training on specific product sets.
There is some on call work, occasional travel and some overtime, all of which you will be well remunerated for.
This is a family first organisation, driven from CIO level and people who join the business have a long average tenure of work.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474169