Principal Stress Engineer
ITP Engines UK Ltd is a progressive engineering company that designs and manufactures components and modules for aero-engines. It is part of the wider ITP group with headquarters in Spain and has many worldwide OEM customers.
A permanent position in the Mechanical Integrity group has arisen to perform analytical assessments of the life and integrity of gas turbine components. The role is to lead and conduct stress analysis activities in support of Engineering Project requirements and to work in conjunction with other functional areas of the company to develop existing and new products, and to achieve overall business objectives. Knowledge of Critical Parts Lifing would be advantageous.
- To conduct & oversee stress analysis on new and existing components, ensuring that all aspects of the activity are satisfactorily addressed.
- To coordinate tasks, monitor and report on delivery performance.
- To ensure team activities follow appropriate quality management procedures for defining technical content and project reporting.
- To identify the requirements of a task, establish good working relationships with key stakeholders, estimate the work content, technically guide a team of Stress Engineers, and audit work done within the team.
- To translate client needs into technical requirements, to liaise with the customer to report progress, schedule and technical issues/findings.
- To assist Chief Engineers in delivering Stress projects to completion on time, within budget and to the agreed technical requirements.
- To expand the business by developing specialist expertise and mentoring colleagues
- To encourage a culture of Continuous Improvement within the Engineering function.
- To provide engineering input to technical, commercial and contract reviews within the company.
- To provide well written detailed reports and presentational material.
- To have proven ability to manage work packages performed by a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technical experts
- To have worked closely with project leaders to scope new projects
- Be responsible for delivering high quality technical output
- Be enthusiastic and driven with a passion for engineering
- Be a creative thinker with a strongly analytical mind
- To be able to direct analysis, recommend design modification, support test work and manufacturing
- To have a broad range of stress analysis experience using classical hand calculations (spreadsheets or Mathcad) and computational tools. To be able to build complex 2D & 3D FEA models and to interpret existing models.
- To have performed a broad range of analysis types including: steady and transient loading, linear and non-linear materials, buckling, modal, forced vibration, and rotordynamics. To possess knowledge and experience of assessment procedures for: collapse, buckling, LCF, HCF/vibration, plasticity and creep
- To have excellent communication skills, to interface with colleagues, communicating effectively as a team member and to offer supervision and technical advice when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good degree in Mechanical Engineering and a post-graduate degree qualification such as an MSc in GT technology or a structural analysis discipline.
- At least 5-years? experience of gas turbine related technology & FEA and in addition at least 2-years as a lead analyst running a team.
- Experience with at least one of ANSYS/NASTRAN/SC03/ABAQUS and preferably with one of MSC PATRAN or Hypermesh
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482179