IR35 Status - OUTSIDE
Rate: up to £550/Day
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Croydon (Main base) with some travel into Central London
Client: Home Office
Summary of Work
Work has begun on wireframes for a new system which will have significant impact on police intelligence users. A content designer is required to work with user researchers to define user needs and iterate the existing design.
Working arrangements - The specialist must be onsite at least 3 days a week. Please note that this role is deemed to be outside of the HMRC IR35 Regulations.
Security clearance - Security Cleared (SC) - an application to obtain SC Clearance can be made if SC is not already held but appointment is subject to accreditation
Who the specialist will work with
The specialist will be working as part of the Law Enforcement Digital Services (LEDS) programme which is developing a service to replace the current Police National Database (PND) and Police National Computer (PNC).
We are specifically exploring how to replace the service that intelligence staff in all UK Police Forces use to find intelligence at a national level with a new UI supported by modernised search capabilities.
They will work closely with user researchers and designers to challenge assumptions and test ideas, writing content which meets user needs as clearly and quickly as possible.
What the specialist will work on
A content designer is required to work with user researchers to define user needs and iterate the existing design. They will work as part of an agile user led team alongside other designers including interaction design.
They will be working as part of the Law Enforcement Digital Services (LEDS) programme which is developing a service to replace the current Police National Database (PND) and Police National Computer (PNC).
Essential skills and experience
- extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability to create usable and accessible content for different platforms and devices
- experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an agile development environment
- demonstrable knowledge and passion for user centred design practices for public facing and internal services and applications
- experience in content publishing systems and processes
- experience of using metrics and user feedback to define and iterate content
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- exceptional skills in convincing people to take a user-needs approach to content creation
- create content across devices, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
- experience in a web application development environment, and be proficient in Markdown, picture sourcing and editing
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481101