Component Engineer - 34356 - to 1914/hr - Electrical
Title: Component Engineer
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Assuming component ownership for a single, or a number of security components including Supplier Sourcing, design assessments, WERS releasing, SW requirements (inc Functional Safety cascades and documentation)
- Specification generation and day-to-day management of the commodity.
- Required to lead any issues arising from the system development or during production and provide data and evidence to allow progression and resolution of the issue.
- The candidate will need to adhere to all the programme requirements and keep the many metrics and processes up-to-date and accurate.
- Visible timing plans and a timely approach to project management is a must.
- Support for PEPS focusing on specific vehicle lines (allocated in line with current priorities); to be seen as the "go-to" person for all PEPS information / operation / issues metrics.
- Primary contact point for the commodity and will be required to investigate any issues with the system whether at build, dealership or Labcar with the aim to rapidly resolve issues with support from the HW / SW and System Leads.
- Technically competent in all the relevant commodity areas and have excellent communication skills to other CoCs and programme teams alike.
- Whilst the core engineering is done within the supplier base the candidate is expected to gain understanding of the system and its SW in order to have an in-depth knowledge and ensure that the design meets all system requirements.
3 KEY SKILLS:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Technical Competence in Electronics
- Project Management and Time Management
No experience is necessary, a qualification within an electronics or electrical field will be required.
- Any project management experience within a technical field would be desirable / advantegeous.
Qualification within an Electronics or Electrical field will be required
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481919