IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Experienced IT Project Manager required for an industry leader of integrated solutions within the airport sector, providing baggage handling systems and airside solutions within major airports across the UK.
This position of IT Project Manager includes the responsibility and accountability for the complete project lifecycle, from contract handover to completion.
- To deliver the project scope in accordance with the company's project delivery management and control processes and procedures.
- Management of the project team and its assigned resources.
- Delivering project scope to the agreed specification and quality standards.
- Controlling and reporting project spend, earned value and estimates to complete and managing the project budget within the constraints of the project.
- Ensuring that financial accounts, invoices and contract cost reporting as being completed to meet the needs of the client and the business.
- Developing, controlling and reporting the project schedule/programme and for delivering the project in accordance with the agreed milestones.
- Developing and fostering customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Managing project risks and risk control/mitigation strategies.
- Managing project opportunities and implementing strategies to release them.
- Writing the project management plan and agreeing with the business and the client.
- Organising and chairing the project launch.
- Monitoring and reviewing project progress against the agreed programme, holding regular meetings with the project management team and creating meeting notes/project reports.
- Carry out project financial reviews in conjunction with the project management team (Design Leader, Site Manager, project accountants, project planners etc.), evaluate cost variances and prepare corrective action plans.
- Liaise with the client's project team in the coordination of all project interfaces.
- Instigate and manage the handover where applicable and close out the project.
- Experience of working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process
- Proven experience in a project management lead role.
- Extensive knowledge of cross Heathrow baggage operations and maintenance processes and procedures
- Understanding NEC3 contracts (desirable)
- Ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team
- Customer focused
- Full airside pass or the ability to obtain one
Benefits include 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476484