Senior Applications Architect
This is a senior, technical hands on role to architect, design and prototype applications for business critical production systems, ensuring designs are aligned to core business architectural principles. Working across all software products and domains in SD&A.
Applies significant prior experience and knowledge to work with other roles and development teams to solutioneer and architect / design business critical applications using a variety of technologies, providing mentoring, best practice guidance, and technical expertise.
This is a senior role which will provide technical leadership to support the objectives of the Head of Architecture through; planning and applying structured strategic change to software products, influence development methods and approaches. Ongoing engagement and collaborative working with agile software development teams will be required to bring architectural change to life.
Active collaboration with Product Owners will inform and direct R&D activities ? which will contribute to strategic product direction and growth.
Collaborate on a day to day basis, supporting Head of Architecture assignments and strategic objectives.
Strong technical experience and knowledge of Microsoft .net platform and stack experience should be supported by exposure to cross platform development or development on another modern platform.
- Experience of designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Recent, practical experience of, and strong knowledge of solution design and application architecture.
- IT-related degree or equivalent / equivalent industry experience in a senior role within an application architecture function.
- Prior experience in a senior application design / architectural leadership role
- Experience of best practice relating to development methodologies and application lifecycle management. Track record of implementing process improvement within application architecture / solution architecture domain.
- Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques.
- Proven aptitude to rapidly adopt and implement new techniques and technologies, and to drive innovation in approaches to development.
- Experience and awareness of architectural software design patterns and their application to solving problems
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services and associated technologies
- Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills
- An understanding of Enterprise Service Buses, specifically Microsoft BizTalk, MS SQL Server and the Microsoft product / development stack
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475931