Stress Engineer Grade: E2/E3
ITP Engines UK Ltd designs and manufactures components and modules for aero-engines. It is part of the wider ITP group with headquarters in Spain and has many worldwide OEM customers.
A permanent position in the Mechanical Integrity group has arisen to perform analytical assessments for life and integrity of gas turbine (GT) components.
- To undertake stress analysis using classical hand calculations (spreadsheets / Mathcad) and to conduct finite element analysis (FEA) using tools such as ANSYS / ABAQUS / NASTRAN / SC03.
- To build complex 2D & 3D FEA models using MSC PATRAN or ANSYS Workbench.
- To work within a Design team, discuss and present work to colleagues, senior engineers and to write-up work in formal reports.
- The principal requirement is to work within the Engineering Department performing a Design by Analysis role, supporting the assessment of designs from internal and external customers.
- The candidate should be a good team player confident and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, with Chief Engineers and with external customers.
- To take ownership of allocated work and responsibility to deliver results on time and to the right quality.
- The candidate should have gained some experience of performing static stress analysis (linear material), and some experience in any of the following analysis disciplines: transient loading, modal, forced vibration, non-linear materials and rotordynamics. It would be advantageous if this experience had been gained on rotating machinery.
- Any knowledge and experience of performing failure assessment procedures for: collapse, instability, LCF, HCF/vibration, plasticity or creep. Any knowledge of critical parts lifing, or airworthiness codes would be a real advantage.
- Also, to be able to interpret analytical results and to suggest design modifications, whilst appreciating the consequences of modelling decisions.
- Experience using one of the FE solvers stated above would be an advantage, although some training will be provided.
- Plus excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills, able to write clear and detailed reports in the English language.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- - A MEng/ MSc in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace with a good classification of degree and strong bias towards Structural Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- - 3-years relevant experience of gas turbine related technology for the Engineer-E2 role; and 5-years for the Senior Engineer-E3 role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482124