Project Manager - Engineering
Clements Grey has engaged with a key client based in Milton Keynes specialising in the design and development of scientific instruments for the various applications. Due to a demand in projects, investment and projected forecast an exciting opportunity is now available for a Project Manager on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be required to carry out day-to-day management of hardware and / or software centric product development projects. With a proven track record of delivering projects with end-to-end project life-cycle ownership, the PM will be expected to deliver projects on time, on quality and within budget. Working closely with Functional Team Managers and individual Engineering Team members to deliver projects in line with development process and project plans in a consistent and timely manner. Working collaboratively with other departments across the business to ensure smooth transition of projects from Development to on-going series production. Managing team priorities, communicating these to wider business stakeholders. Working with the Engineering Manager and Functional Team Managers to identify and resolve technical and resource bottlenecks.
- Managing product development projects from initial project brief to operational deployment in line with business strategy and requirements.
- Leadership of multi-disciplined teams to deliver innovative engineering solutions for laboratory and process equipment for regulated industries.
- Ensuring that projects are managed within scope and budget against realistic time targets that are defined and agreed.
- Managing team members as assigned in a matrix capacity in a participative management style to optimise performance.
- Selecting and managing suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary in conjunction with the Functional Team Managers, ensuring they perform to the required standard.
- Driving the creation of project deliverables from the Functional Teams and directing these to effective project milestones.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager with on-going continuous improvements to Project Management process and tools to drive up Project Management maturity within the business.
- Mentoring and guiding project team members to develop and widen their skills.
- Identifying and communicating to the wider team the importance of commercial matters as they impact projects under your control.
- Identifying any IPR that may be generated during project execution and take steps to defend this IPR so generated.
- To lead the development team in creating technical specifications from commercial briefings. To provide outline project and business plans for consideration by the senior management team.
- Analysing and identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to eliminate or minimise risks of not meeting objectives.
- Identifying and planning tasks and resources necessary to complete the product development.
- Driving the project team to ensure tasks are completed to schedule and deliver the expected outcomes.
- Acting as the central focus point for liaison with Service, Manufacturing, Sales, Suppliers and Customers.
- Providing a high quality, structured and professional approach to project management using Project Management Tools and processes.
- Advising the project sponsors of (technical & commercial) project risks and resource conflicts of before commencement and throughout the duration of the project lifecycle.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959481803