Data Engineer / Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
We are seeking a Data Engineer for a leading digital organisation in Manchester City Centre. Data is key to the company and the role of the Data Engineer is integral in enabling business stakeholders understand their user base and measure the success of changes to company products.
You will own the technical delivery of data solutions from start to finish so will need a varied skillset. This could be from supporting the delivery of data to the data science and analytics team, through to supporting BI solutions and helping marketing to drive the best offers to individual users.
This is an exciting time for you to gain experience in a wide range and growing data technologies, within a full cloud hosted environment, working with a large and varied data set.
- Demonstrable experience in database design, modelling and best practice
- Very strong SQL scripting skills
- Significant ETL experience, ideally in high volume environments
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practices, methodologies, techniques, tools, resources and data legislation
- Experience of database troubleshooting and performance tuning techniques to cope with the challenges presented by large data volumes.
- Database technologies such as Vertica, MySQL, and MongoDB or similar (any relational database knowledge is fine)
You will be joining a company focused on internal development and growing employees skill set. Along with this you will obtain a competitive salary along with a number of additional benefits listed below.
* Annual leave
* Private medical insurance
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Bonus plans
* Free Breakfasts!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478434