Power BI DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared)
Power BI DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared), Microsoft Power BI, Business Intelligence, AWS, Amazon, VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, IAM, GIT, Jenkins, Nexus/Artefactory and YAML/JSON, TCP/IP, Firewall, Routing, DNS, Windows Server 2012, Chocholatey, SQL Server, Windows AD, roles, permissions, group policies, Windows security, Antivirus and WSUS, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Security Cleared, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Linux,
Power BI DevOps Engineer for HMPO's BI transformation project, working in agile delivery team to iteratively design, build and implement a BI platform infrastructure in collaboration with Lead Technical Architect. This work will lay the foundation of key architecture building blocks for the future BI platform.
Central Government client have already evaluated various BI tools and chosen Microsoft Power BI as a strategic BI Visualisation Tool.
There is a small team allocated to this work formed of a Product Manager, Business Analyst, Technical Lead, Developer and a Lead Architect.
- Build BI infrastructure in AWS using Puppet, Chocholatey, Jenkins
- Support and installation of Windows 2012, Windows AD, SQL Server and automation
- Provide Expert knowledge and be an escalation point of contact for BI Infrastructure
- Work with existing DevOps team, BI project team and client Security stakeholders.
We expect the specialist to work collaboratively with existing in house DevOps team and Strategic Business Intelligence project to develop the BI platform infrastructure in AWS.
Work is based in London and will involve the supplier being on site 5 days per week to work collaboratively with client teams; travel and expenses remains the responsibility of the supplier.
Service design and development must align with the client strategic technical architecture and technologies.
Key Skills / Experience
- Have demonstrable experience of using AWS(VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, IAM) mandTerraform for provisioning AWS resources
- Have demonstrable experience of using Developers tools: GIT, Jenkins, Nexus/Artefactory and YAML/JSON
- Have demonstrable experience of Networking concepts: TCP/IP, Firewall, Routing, DNS
- Have demonstrable experience of Windows 2012 server installation, management, configuration management, Chocholatey application manager
- Have demonstrable experience of SQL Server installation, support and managemen
- Have demonstrable experience of configuring Windows AD, roles, permissions, group policies, Windows security, Antivirus and WSUS
- Have demonstrable experience of build automation using Puppet, Ansible and Docker
- Have demonstrable experience of Linux adminstration
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478900