Do you want to make a difference to young people's lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Do you believe that every young person should be given a second chance and opportunity to turn their lives around?
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society by supporting young people to gain experience in work-based learning and work placement activities to prepare them for progression into the work place, an Apprenticeship or further learning for 16-19 year olds on its Study Programme course in South Cumbria?
This role is a part-time post working 24 hours per week (Monday - Wednesday).
We are seeking an inspirational team member to guide a diverse group of clients through work placements, by overseeing the safe set up and management of work placements and young people with employers and to also develop a network of a broad range of employers to create suitable volumes of work placement opportunities to hit our programme targets.
If you enjoy a challenge and seek the rewards found in transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and adults then we want to hear from you.
The salary for this role is dependent on qualifications held.
DBS check required.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A range of suitable industry relevant professional development, training or qualifications (First aid, safe manual handling or other).
- GCSE English, Maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above).
- Strong ICT experience, especially industry relevant systems and processes.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475214