Head of Media & External Communications
This Head of Media & External Relations role is pivotal for the organisation to build a presence in the national media. It is imperative that the candidate have contacts within the national media to get coverage for the organisation.
My client is a forward-thinking charity looking to change opinions and better communities.
- To build the prominence, frequency and consistency of the brand and messaging in top tier media.
- Profile raising of the CEO and other key spokespeople as the voice of responsible business. With a particular focus on developing messaging and script and delivering a programme of 'meet with media' opportunities.
- Strategic responsibility for media relations across the organisation, building and maintaining the profile of the organisation's key programmes and campaigns across both traditional and digital/social channels.
- External stakeholder relationships - working with senior communications contacts within member companies and partner organisations to create mutually beneficial opportunities that ensure more responsible business stories and spokespeople reach key media.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to set the editorial tone and direction for content.
- Lead on developing an internal communications strategy.
- Line management of PR Manager and PR Officer.
The successful candidate will be an experienced media professional that will come with a blackbook of contacts at national media level ready to help boost awareness of the cause. They will ideally come from the commercial space.
A salary is on offer of between £60,000 to £70,000 per annum + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477097