Seasonal Warehouse & Distribution & Retail Management
Our client is an established seasonal business specialising in the distribution and retail of premium real Christmas trees in London. They have exciting opportunities for high calibre warehouse, distribution and retail managers to join their team and make an immediate impact in a physically demanding, high-pressure role. You will be working closely with and reporting directly to the Managing Director for a 5-6 week period between early November and Christmas.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage successful and efficient day-to-day operation of warehouse
- Hire, train and conduct H&S inductions for crew of 6-8 warehouse operatives
- Schedule, manage and lead warehouse crew, incl. two assistant managers
- Supervise mission-critical and manual loading of lorries for distribution to retail sites
- Oversee night delivery team and work with them to solve distribution difficulties
- Manage goods reception and follow/enforce protocols to ensure accurate stock control
- Receive and manage fleet of 10+ vehicles incl. flatbed lorries, telehandlers, vans
- Setup and closedown/pack away warehouse & equipment
- Monitor warehouse safety and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Handle paperwork and assist office with record keeping
- Arrange disposal and recycling of waste from warehouse
- Work with management team to improve efficiency and productivity of warehouse operation
- Be flexible and willing to assist in other aspects of the client’s lending expertise where asked
- Good personal and communication skills
- Experience in efficiently motivating and running a small crew, recording their hours and monitoring productivity and safety.
- Strong numerical skills and a good head for details
- A practical and pragmatic mindset
- Stamina and the ability to work long hours in a physically demanding work environment
- Good range of practical skills i.e. using tools, IT, driving, lorry driving, mechanical skills
- Have a full UK driving licence and the confidence to drive a range of vehicles such as, vans and HGVs in London
- Comfortable operating plant machinery (telehandlers, tractors, palletisers, trucks, etc.)
- The ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Good logistical and organisational skills
In addition, our client would like an individual with interest in developing this position into a permanent role and making a lasting commitment to the client.
Salary: £12 - £14 per hour
Benefits: Accommodation may be available during the season
Hours: Approx. 250/350 hours in total
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77254897