Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager required for the Optionis Group in Warrington.
As the Senior Project Manager you will own the project management function, driving IT & business change solutions from business case (ensuring all goals are aligned with business requirements and benefits) through to BAU across the Optionis Group. Your role is to lead a team of PMs as well as deliver your own projects.
- Maintain and manage a team of Project Managers that work in a proactive manner and challenging their business and technical colleagues to ensure that the business (and ultimately the client) projects are correctly scoped
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Provide the project team with direction and vision.
- Maintaining appropriate plans including Project / Communication / Testing/ Training / Transition and Data Migration as required.
- Anticipating and catching deviations from a plan or schedule early and keeping all participants and stakeholders informed.
- Identifying, logging, analysing and managing potential and actual issues and risks, taking corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality and cost.
- Managing project budget.
- Responsible for bringing the project to a close, which may include creating an end of project report or evaluation document, capturing, and using relevant lessons learned.
Proven experience of IT implementation, Software development and business change projects
Have previous experience of managing other PMs
Acts as a coach and mentor to other members of the team.
Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning, and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Guiding personnel through the delivery of software and business change projects.
- Implementing IT projects, software development and online solutions is essential.
- Implementing COTS systems.
- Implementing Business applications / systems.
Educated to degree level or similar
- Prince 2 (or PMP)
- ITIL V2/3 experience and exposure (qualifications would be ideal)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475206