Lead Wintel Engineer
Lead Wintel Engineer
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Bonus and Benefits
"Lead Wintel Engineer" / Windows / VMware / Infrastructure / "Technical Support"
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Wintel Engineer to join the Infrastructure Team working for a leading blue-chip company. You will be providing technical expertise in the deployment and development of service Infrastructure.
The Role - Lead Wintel Engineer:
- Design and drive processes to contribute to the smooth deployment of new services.
- You will install, analyse, test, troubleshoot and modify new equipment solutions.
- Proactively provide technical expertise in the development and deployment of server infrastructure.
- You will have full responsibility for the production and update of High and Low level design from sign off to delivery.
- Contribute to project work.
- Be the 3rd/4th line escalation point for technical support.
- Create documentation for engineering build procedures.
- Provide technical leadership for the team (This can be trained if you have been the senior member of a Wintel or infrastructure team previously)
- Assume the role of Design Authority in area of expertise.
Skills and Attributes required for the Lead Wintel Engineer: :
- Windows Server based operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012,2016)
- Active Directory infrastructures (2003, 2008, 2012,2016)
- Exchange infrastructures (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016)
- Microsoft O365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Yammer, Skype etc)
- VMware vSphere (5,5.5, 6.0)
- Citrix infrastructure
- Cloud Based Technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Automation technologies such as VMware vRealize Cloud
- Desktop client infrastructure and image creation (SCCM)
- Anti-virus platforms such as McAfee
- MDM solutions such as AirWatch and/or Mobile Iron.
- Exceptional experience of supporting complex IT platforms
- Exceptional experience of building, configuring and deploying complex designs
- Experience of managing and developing small technical teams
- Experience in design architecture and documentation (HLD's & LLD's)
- Experience of managing a complex licensing agreement in order to maintain relevant compliance
- Experience of working within an ITIL aligned environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server infrastructure (2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 & 2016)
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Understanding of architectural, roadmap and design disciplines
Benefits of working with the company:
The successful Lead Wintel Engineer will be joining a leading blue-chip organisation and a meritocratic environment that reward hard work and talent. As well as offering the Lead Wintel Engineer a competitive salary the company also offer an extensive benefits package including an extremely competitive bonus and contributory pension and an increasing annual leave allowance. They invest in bleeding edge technology and are a very forward-thinking organisation.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join their talented team. To apply follow the links or send your CV directly to Jessica Bolton: ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476905